today after about 2 years ( October 17, 2014 ) that google announced about penguin 3.0 google published a post in his official website and confirmed that they launched penguin 4.0 update . penguin is just one of google 200 signals but have major roles of them and most of webmaster seen it impacts in first of septamber till now , since update google doesn’t confirmed it is penguin but now i think after all tests they told it is new penguin :
After a period of development and testing, we are now rolling out an update to the Penguin algorithm in all languages
there is two important thing you should know
- Penguin is now real-time. Historically, the list of sites affected by Penguin was periodically refreshed at the same time. Once a webmaster considerably improved their site and its presence on the internet, many of Google’s algorithms would take that into consideration very fast, but others, like Penguin, needed to be refreshed. With this change, Penguin’s data is refreshed in real time, so changes will be visible much faster, typically taking effect shortly after we recrawl and reindex a page. It also means we’re not going to comment on future refreshes.
so as i colored that sentences there will not be official announcement for next google penguin updates .
- Penguin is now more granular. Penguin now devalues spam by adjusting ranking based on spam signals, rather than affecting ranking of the whole site.
this is a bit good news because if you bought or created bulk spam links for your website , from now just that part of website will effected rather than whole site , so there is time to use google Disavow backlinks tools , you can use google guide about how to use google disavow tools
and be aware of this taglines
Major types of spammy backlinks.
- Links with keyword rich anchor tag
- Article directory links
- Paid links (excluding advertising)
- Irrelevant forum links
- Links from low-quality and irrelevant web directories
The contemplations that you need to consider during the audit to spot the damaging backlinks –
- URL Patterns
- IP Patterns
- Name Servers
- Whois details
- Anchor Text Analysis
- Keyword Classification
- Link Detox Risk Analysis
- Sitewide Links Analysis
- Redirect Analysis
- Link Growth Analysis
- Link Network Analysis
- Country Ratio Analysis
- Deep Link Ratio Analysis
- Link Status Ratio Analysis
source of image : whiterabbitinfotech.com